Saturday, October 22, 2011

Buckshot in the 32

0' Buckshot is ~.314" and I've used it in 30 caliber rifles for vermin/plinking/gallery loads.  I was curious how it would work in the 32 H&R Magnum. 

The two powders I tried were W231 and Bullseye. 


Point of Impact was about 1.25" lower than Point of Aim at 7 yards using the RCBS loads Zero.  Accuracy was fair.

Velocity average for the Bullseye load.


I'm not certain there is much value in further experimentation.  Casting my own bullets is very inexpensive so there is little economic incentive.  I'm fairly certain the RCBS 32-98-SWC over W231 loads I reported on in earlier postings would cover anything these loads might do better.  The report was reduced but not significantly so.  Both loads left the cases very sooted.

No comments:

Post a Comment