Monday, September 19, 2011

Ruger discribes its excellent product like this:

Strong, Durable, Dependable, and Versatile. New Model Single-Six® revolvers are the perfect small bore single-action revolver for plinking, small game hunting or serious competition. Chambered in either .22 LR, .22 Magnum, or .17 HMR, these great single-action revolvers come in a variety of barrel lengths, finishes, sights, and grips.
Single-Ten™ models feature a ten-round capacity and Gunfighter style grips. Convertible models come with two cylinders (one in .22 LR and one in .22 Magnum) for increased versatility. Hunter models are equipped with an integral barrel rib for rigid mounting of Ruger scope rings (supplied at no extra charge).


  
A Ruger Single Six just like the one pictured above has been on of my longest owned and most used firearms in my collection.  I have used it in competitions, for hunting small game, plinking, "woodsloafing" (as Skeeter Skelton would call it) and its presence has been comforting while camping in the wilds.
I have owned a number of variations of this revolver including the 4-5/8", 5.5", 6.5" in new models, Three Screw Model and fixed sighted 4-5/8 New model.  I liked them all but for one reason or another traded some of them off for something else.  The exception has been my 5.5 stainless, which I'll most likely hang onto because I have the most history with it.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment